This is how it worked up to STARFACE Version 6.x
The solution from Modul-Manufaktur consisted of a STARFACE module and an additional one suitable Windows desktop software (see also doc and downloads). This product worked up to STARFACE version 6.
This is how it worked up to STARFACE version 7.0.x
The successor solution (from STARFACE Version >= 7) is called phonebridge® CLIENT and works universally with both others telephone systems and with other CRMs. This solution has the following advantages:
- A STARFACE module will never be needed again, after a STARFACE update it could possibly work no longer.
- Phone numbers can be dialed from any application using the F8 hotkey (not only from DATEV).
Customers with an active module update contract even get this new solution free of charge for the duration of the module update contract!
This has to be done
- Uninstall the previous software (Windows software + STARFACE module).
- Create here a phonebridge® account.
- Let us know via email that this account will be activated free of charge. Send us a note on the existing module update contract (e.g. the STARFACE server license key). Alternatively, the price is €9 net/user/month.
- Create here one or more phonebridge® CLIENTs (1 per Windows user name).
- Install the new phonebridge® CLIENT from here.
- Store the so-called CLIENT ID in the phonebridge® CLIENT software, the here are displayed.
- Configure the phonebridge® CLIENT once per Windows user:
- "General" tab:
- PBX = STARFACE
- CRM = DATEV
- "STARFACE" tab: store access data
- Tab "DATEV": activate the desired checkboxes
- "General" tab:
- Click on "Save" and restart the phonebridge® CLIENT.
This is how it works from STARFACE Version 7.1.x
Unfortunately, for STARFACE from version 7.1.x, no successor is available for technical reasons more to be made available.
Existing module update contracts are valid up to and including STARFACE Version 6.x.